Sunday, April 6, 2008

Finally... The wait is over

It has been more than three months since many of us got THE mail from ISB. Since then I have been itching to get started with life@ISB. However, the interim period has been anything but drab.

The first two months were work, work and some more work! It was a brutal stretch at office where people were keen on sucking every ounce of the juice of life from me before I departed. Nevertheless, I not only survived the ordeal but also came out of it a full month before my scheduled release date! That meant that I had the whole of March at my disposal.

After leaving work, I too took off on a pan-India trip visiting new places and meeting old friends. Be it the white water rafting in Rishikesh or the trek into the mountains in Mussourie, there is a lot of fun in travelling without any plan and just enjoying anything that you find appealing. Of course, I have not been as diligent as Dushyant in capturing and sharing the sights. (@Dushyant: Really cool pictures buddy) The holidays also gave me a chance to catch up with old friends, some of whom I had not seen for almost a decade! Spent quite a few evenings lost in nostalgia reminiscing the good ol' days. The entire trip took about 25 days but each and every minute was worth it. Rarely does one get so much time to just travel and explore places without a care in the world. It was a liberating experience and it definitely did “recharge” my batteries J

The action did not stop on the ISB front as well. I used to think that giving GMAT and getting into ISB was tough. How completely wrong I was!! For the poor souls who decided to bank with SBI, the last month and a half has been nothing less that a soap opera with all its twists and turns. Compared to this the GMAT and ISB application seem to be a cake walk. From the dreaded loan application form and the affidavit in the initial application to the PDCs, another Affidavit and all the signatures needed in the post approval formalities. The entire procedure has been a farce and it really showed the government institution in all its ugly glory. Without the help of a few kind hearted souls like Natarajan, I do not know how we would have successfully navigated the labyrinth that is the SBI loan procedure!

Anyways, the wait is finally over now as we have less than a week’s time before starting off what I believe is going to be a truly amazing year. At this point, my mental state is akin to that of a little kid, who, candy in hand, has been standing in the long queue for the roller coaster ride and now that he is at the front of the queue, is all excited to finally take the plunge.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Fasten your seatbelts.

Its Showtime!!!

2 comments:

Bornloser said...

its still 5 more days :(((((

Noel Manoj said...

Fantastic Writeup-we are here literally knocking on the doors of ISB-Open up!!!