Monday, April 21, 2008

Matter of the grub

Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts the food here will not win any culinary competition anywhere. I miss my fish & a whole lot of other good stuff. Last night as we were having biriyani outside (pretty good, I must say) I was thinking back to the food scene back in Delhi. Now anybody who's been in Delhi knows that Delhi rocks in terms of food.



Admitted there are lot of traditional goodies which I have not tried out - kulfi, chaats etc. I have not been to Chandni Chowk, Parathewala Gali or other such places. But I have been to some good places some of which both me & Mousumi ended up being quite 'fida' about.




  • Italian at Flavors - There is something quaint in this place. It's our favourite joint in the city. Sitting outside beside the lawn, the general confusion in the service & the fab food. We've gone here umpteen times during the close to 4 yrs we've stayed together in Delhi.

  • Chinese at Oriental Bloom/Mainland China/China Club - All there are great places. Mainland China is the most affordable while Oriental Bloom has the most amazing dimsums I've ever had.

  • Spanish at Sevilla's - Ooh la la....what a setting & what great food. Very steep on the pocket. I would definitely recommend this for celebrating a special night.

  • Bengali at Oh Calcutta - Food which went out of vogue with grandmothers. Traditional delicacies which these days you only may get to taste at weddings. Intricate cuisine which me & Mousumi will probably never be able to cook. Go here to find out why Bengali cuisine is probably the best cuisine in the country.

Food wise Hyderabad is also quite hep. The only problem is that the city is a distance away & it's not feasible to go there all the time. But we shall endure....& wait for our first royal meal at the City of Nizams. Till then I can


No comments: