Thursday, January 17, 2008

Damn it feels good to be in Consulting

I have been thinking a lot about my post MBA stream. Ever since I was in my B Tech, I have been kind of attracted towards consulting. That was one of the reasons that I took up a job in a consulting firm during the campus placements. I had always felt that there were only two attractive streams Consulting and Finance. Somehow Operations and IT never attracted me and I was not aware of General Management at that time. So I had converged onto Consulting as my career option. I somehow felt that I am good at public speaking and will do well in such a job. Looking back at the past 2 years of my job, I feel satisfied that I had performed considerably above my expectations, especially the kind of roles that I have performed and the challenges that I have tackled. But there is a catch in Consulting jobs, it involves a lot of traveling. Although I have not traveled that much in my current job, that was because I had been plain lucky at times. Yes, I have done a 4 month stint in Bangalore, then sometime in Delhi, Hosur and several other places. But post MBA I won’t be lucky I know.

I came across this video on youtube and somehow that made me do a rethink on the Consulting job. He he he. The line about the lawn boy is surely hilarious and has made me rethink :) Just kidding

Watch this video and enjoy.



3 comments:

Partha said...

I love the soundtrack on the video - from Office Space?

Unknown said...

Yeah, me too loved the music.

neo said...

ROFL..damn it feels good to be a student!! well i guess i cud always try my hands on making such videos after i m done with mba.