Friday, January 18, 2008

Information overload

Ever since the results were declared I have been dreaming about joining ISB. More than just dreaming I have also been spending considerable amount of time knowing more about ISB. I have made ISB as my homepage on my office PC. Countless times I have gone through the photo gallery on ISB site. I guess I exactly know how the path curves upto the academic centre from the main gate and how much time it takes to cover the distance. My friend, a current student of ISB, already dreads my number. My mobile bill is consistently hitting credit limit, even though it has been revised upwardly twice. My free time is devoted in following threads on orkut and reading ISB / ISBians blogs. Can't believe that I already know what CP means!!. All my grand plans for 3 months preceding ISB joining all got tossed out of the window. Still I always felt I needed more information........until yesterday.

Yesterday I read a post in general discussion forum of New admits website by Vaibhav of Class of 2008. He said that majority of questions in the forums are related to 'course details' but none are related to student life on campus. He went on to say that the whole campus is available to enjoy (except the Academic centre). On similar lines I thought to myself 'What am I doing?!!'. I am killing all the excitement of going to a new college by gathering so much information before hand. There is no substitute to the thrill of reaching the campus, getting bowled over and saying 'Wow'. Probably there is more fun in initially having some trouble in settling down because of the satisfaction one gets when things start going smoothly.

I will try to control myself from over indulgence in ISB. As they say, one should enjoy little things along the way.

No comments: