Saturday, December 22, 2007

ISB – A Dream come True!!

Standing at the crossroad of life, unable to decide which way to go, I happened to attend a session conducted by ISB in Delhi in 2007. It was that ‘one’ session that transformed the crossroad to a bridge under construction…..a bridge that would take me to “ISB”….a bridge that would help me cross the potholes and bumps. Yes….you guessed it right….ISB became my dream….my goal!

I knew that there was nothing called a perfect road to success and I had to construct my own way to success. I started the endeavor by stacking up my books and preparing for GMAT. After 3 months of rigorous preparation, I decided to take the exam in August. Though I managed to get a decent GMAT score, I knew that the journey had just begun and there was still a long way to go. Without wasting any time, I started working on my essays. Writing the rough drafts….several rounds of editing….getting them approved by my friends….all in all, this took me about a fortnight. It was September 15 and the deadline for the first round of applications. My application was still incomplete but I knew I had to get it out of my way in the first deadline itself. Phew…I somehow struggled to submit the application just in time in the first deadline.

Days passed by and I got busy with my office work. And then, on my way back from a hectic day at work, I received an SMS from ISB saying I was selected for an interview. Wow….I was soooo thrilled that day. The fact that I was so close to my goal made me jump with joy! I didn’t get much time to prepare for the interview but still managed to prepare answers for questions like why ISB, why MBA, etc. It was November 2 and THE interview day. My interview was very short (20 minutes) and the admission panel didn’t seem too impressed by me. I felt I could have been better. I had a very mixed feeling right after the interview. I didn’t know whether to be happy or sad. I decided to wait…..wait for the result.

The long long wait ended some 10 days back when I received a Congratulations message from ISB. Perhaps, my interview wasn’t that bad. I re-read the message several times until the feeling that my dreams had transformed into reality actually sunk in. Standing on the other side of the bridge, I am now confident of the fact that burning the fabled midnight oil is a slow, steady but a sure way of reaching one’s goals!

1 comment:

Keshav said...

Rashi, I pretty much felt the same way after the interview.. even mine was for 20 minutes and I wasn't really convinced about my answers.. but some how, it all worked out well in the end.. congratulations!