Saturday, December 22, 2007

ISB !! What it means

I finally paid the entire acceptance amount today . .. . .
I had paid the first 50,000/- on 18th and the impact of this action really hit me after 2 days - I had actually committed myself to joining ISB. Not that there was a doubt in my mind - but once the deed is done - the realisation actually hits you.


The words ' Accepted: Congratulations on accepting the admission offer from ISB. The follow-up documents will be sent to you shortly.' sends a shiver down my spine.

Its like the day I was to leave my boarding school (Lawrence School, Sanawar) after 10th. I still remember we had our Maths exam on a Monday and we were supposed to leave after the exam - and all of a sudden on Sunday it hit me - I was actually going to leave Sanawar - leave for a life that would be totally different from what I was used to. Leave for a life which I could guarantee would be different - could not guarantee that it would be better - but definitely different. It was a stark realisation - and all I did the entire day was go around school - looking at the places I loved, ones I hated and again the ones I loved.

Committing myself to ISB had a sense of deja vu -- albeit this time it was earlier - also this time there is a lot more to feel nostalgic about. Like before I can't guarantee the life in ISB and after would be better than what it is now - but it would be definitely different. Somehow there has never been an apprehension in my mind about going back to school - I guess after 5 years of architecture; 2 years of masters in building engineering and management - school life is more natural to me than anything else.

Now that the initial amount has been paid - come questions about what next. How would I spend the next 2 months working on the same job - knowing that a totally new life lies ahead. The one good point is that I have planned for (and got my clients to agree) stopping work in Feb end - so I would have one and a half months of vacation. Planning to travel - though not sure where and how. Thats one more thing I need to look into.

1 comment:

PK Talli said...

just completed my acceptance too dude.. finally! :)

its so strange how our minds work.. i was sure i'm going to join isb.. still i actually took some time to complete this process! :P